[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:13:43 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Peter Judge wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:43 +0200, Jens Baumeister wrote:
> >

> >>First Problem: The auto-detection of ProjectX. My ProjectX comes as a
> >>jar that needs to be called from java. I'm sure I could have put
> >>together a shell script that mimics the "projectx" executable the
> >>script wants to see, but being a lazy guy, I just hard-coded the
> >>correct command into the script...
> >>

> >And for those of use who are even lazier :), that command was .... ?
> >
> java -jar ProjectX.jar

Pretty much. These are the edits I made to the scripts/mpeg2cut-px.sh

1. I commented out the line

projectx=`which projectx`

(by placing a # in front of it)

2. I added the line

projectx='/PATH/TO/MY/java -jar /PATH/TO/MY/ProjectX.jar'

right below that. (If mailing it adds any line breaks - it's all
supposed ot be in one line. You should replace the pathnames with
those correct for your install, of course. :-) )

3. I commented out the following four lines (from "if..." to "fi"),
because the check would always fail. (There is no single executable
named like the contents of the projectx variable.) This means that you
should double-check your pathnames, because the script won't do it for
you!

That worked for me. Of course, emerging ProjectX would have been the
cleaner way, but it never occured to me to look for an ebuild...

Jens