[mythtv-users] MythGame

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Tue Aug 23 06:16:13 UTC 2005

I've just upgraded to ivtv 0.3.7h in an attempt to get MythGame going but
seem to be having some problems.

XMame is installed and I can launch it from the command line (output is on X
using the framebuffer of my PVR-350). Seems to run fine although the window
size is small (I'm sure there is a setting somewhere I can tweak). It gets
about 37 fps depending upon the game.

I've gone through the "Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Media Settings -> Game
Settings" and entered in all the appropriate paths.

When I go to "Media Library -> Play Games" I can see the games that I have
in the ROMS directory (these are all zip files and I am assuming that I do
not need to unzip them).

When I try to select an actual game to play I get a brief flash of a blue
Myth 'dialog box' (sometimes with the text 'Loading Game' briefly visible
but NO game starts.

Any ideas?

Regards
Marty