[mythtv-users] This is dumb

todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Tue Aug 23 05:50:17 UTC 2005

Yes I know the feeling, Clueless in Seattle... Staring ME!

Yes I get to watch live tv!  all 10 seconds of it.
It's almost like a buffer is getting filled or something.

a troubleshooting section suggested to recompile the exe with debugging
enabled to see more error diagnosis. Something to do another day or
later this week. C or C++ is not a programming language that I am all
the strong on so it will be another challenge to tackle.

another clue is this error

ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qvaluelist.h (373)

which the code that reports the error reads...
.
.
.
template <class T>
Q_INLINE_TEMPLATES Q_TYPENAME QValueListPrivate<T>::NodePtr
QValueListPrivate<T>::at( size_type i ) const
{
    Q_ASSERT( i <= nodes );
    NodePtr p = node->next;
    for( size_type x = 0; x < i; ++x )
	p = p->next;
    return p;
}
.
.
.

ON a whim I am going to drop and recreate the myth database and see if
it's something I mangaled while configuring the system.

as far as getting ivtv drivers to load, My modprobe file is very similar
to yours.  I'll have to read up on the structure and how the system used
this file to gain a better understanding as to why the drivers are not
getting properly loaded at boot time.