[mythtv-users] HOW CAN THIS BE THIS HARD!?!?!?! (adding 2 files to a bootable iso)

Colin Humphreys ch at encypher.net
Mon Aug 22 23:16:24 UTC 2005

Joe Votour wrote:
> I don't know if you've tried this or not, but you can
> try mounting the ISO using the loopback device,
> something like (the directory /mnt/iso must exist
> first):
> mount -t iso -o loop filename.iso /mnt/iso

iso9660 filesystem is readonly, so you will need to regenerate the iso.
You can still do this step to access the files for rebuilding it. (Note
the type is iso9660 not iso)

So mount the iso, and copy all the files out of the iso into a prototype
directory where you make your changes. Something like rsync -a ./src/
./dst/ would do the trick.

> (Also, if the ISO contains multiple sections (like a
> bootable floppy portion which gets mapped to A:, and a
> hard drive-like portion that gets mapped to somewhere
> else, well, I definitely don't know how to deal with
> that).

The iso is probably a floppy emulated cd. See if one of the files in the
iso is a floppy image. If you can't find it, just download a boot floppy
from one of the bootdisk sites, and place it inside the prototype
directory where you are making changes.

Then rebuild the iso:

mkisofs -b ./path_inside_cdproto_dir/bootfloppy.img \
-o bootcd.iso ./cdproto_dir/

Burn that.