[mythtv-users] Card recommendation request and cable question.

Mark Gordon fred at markgordon.org
Mon Aug 22 14:38:48 UTC 2005

*I am looking to setup a MythTV machine (2nd attempt)
Has anyone used this card:
*AVerMedia M150 PCI Interface M150 Media Center Edition 2005 PCI TV
Tuner - OEM
It is only 55.00 bucks compared to the  PVR-250 costing $130.    Any
recommendations?

One thing I don't yet understand.  After I get my myth machine running
on my monitor what device/cable do I then need to get connect my system
to my TV?   Does the sound continue to play via the speakers on my
system or do I need to pass the audio to TV?

I am a software developer but as you can probably tell I don't know much
about audio and video.

Thanks,
Mark