[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Max number of recordings of a show per day

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Mon Aug 22 04:58:11 UTC 2005

Right I know how to record every episode, what I'd like to do is record
at most some number of episodes per day while being able to record off
multiple channels (any channel any time) and using dupe checking along
with auto expire.  Example Law and Order is shown 4 times per day as
some special event.  If I only keep 2 episodes, the current result is
that 4 episodes would be recorded and 2 would be dumped before I got a
chance to watch them.  Now if there were something on that was lower
priority but not necessarily of less interest during the first 2
episodes that would not get recorded because the 2 episodes of law and
order I will never watch would have been.  What I would like is some way
to set the scheduler so that it will only record 2 episodes, I don't
really care which 2 but I would propose that it record episodes w/o
conflict or where the priority difference is the biggest.