[mythtv-users] Playing MPEG2 (.ts) Transport Streams?

Skip Levens dorsai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:06:06 UTC 2005

Has anyone had good experience incorporating libraries of HiDef MPEG2
streams into MythTV?

The files are huge, like 18GB each, but I have enough storage to save
them centrally and simply stream and play them using VLC with Mac's
connected to each TV. I'm pulling .ts streams from the server over
GigE which works great, but using a MythTV front end would be more
'wife and kid' vs. geek friendly... anyone done this?