[mythtv-users] PVR 350, closed captioning, commercial detection

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Aug 21 21:14:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 22:13 -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On 8/8/05, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> > Does anyone happen to know why can't mythtv tap into the CC stream?
> > What's the difference between this CC stream and some other CC stream
> > from a different tuner card?
>
> CC support isn't present in the stable ivtv drivers.  Until the ivtv
> folks can manage to put out a stable driver that also supports CC data
> myth will not support it.

Does anyone know what formats mythtv expects the CC data to be in?
The IVTV folks have added the ability to embed VBI data into the
output mpegs, but it's currently in a proprietary format. If we can
provide them with some standards to choose from, then perhaps we can
get CC working with IVTV hardware.

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani