[mythtv-users] PVR 350, record from VCR

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Aug 21 20:28:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 04:17 +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 8/19/05, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> > Nick wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> >From Erik's reply to another thread, this might be exactly what you're after:
>
> http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware1.asp#av_cable
>
> It would allow both devices to be hardwired separately to SVideo
> inputs and the changing of the input can be controlled via software.

Yeah, that's cool. But does MythTV really support this sort of thing?

The input extender card and tuner0 (coax) are basically the same thing
to MythTV: a different input. The only difference is the quality and
the input name.

How do I schedule a manual recording on an input that doesn't have
a channel lineup associated with it?

The MythTV -> Manage Recordings -> Schedule Recordings -> Manual
Schedule doesn't seem to have any concept of Inputs. It only cares
about channels. So how do I make it record on an input that doesn't
have any channels?

Also, I've mapped the yellow button on my Hauppauge remote to the 'C'
key so I can cycle through inputs while watching LiveTV. But since
my tuner0 doesn't have a lineup associated with it, I can't change
inputs to it. Pushing the yellow button just freezes the screen and
shows me the same Input over and over.

Is there a way to fix this? If so, then that addon board would be
perfect. Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin