[mythtv-users] Live TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:44:57 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, Justin & Debbie <jdaland at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I must first of all thank all of those who have helped me get my myth system
> off the ground.
>
> My current dillema is probably simple to resolve but i am unable to work out
> how to do it.
>
> Hardware:
>
> p4 2.8Ghz processor, 512 DDR ram, Asus P5p800 mainboard, Dvico DVB-T lite
> card, 250GB SATA HDD,Gigabyte GVN4464TE(NVIDIA MX 440 8x) video card, fedora
> core 2.6.11-1.35.
>
> The above setup works a treat - i can get all other functions apart from the
> live TV and recording og live TV.

Have you been able to get output from the DVB-T card using dvbscan etc
(i.e. outside of MythTV) to make sure the card is loaded OK? Once it
is determined the card is functioning, I'd try entering mythtv-setup
and setting up the DVB card, then trying to scan for channels (if you
haven't already). If this all works, trying scheduling a recording
and seeing if it works. If it does, it may be a problem with your
video card's setup and not the DVB card.

Nick