[mythtv-users] Re: lirc troubles with pvr-350 on fedora core 3.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 21:17:30 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that when I cold boot the machine irw works for one
> button press on the remote control. After that irw does not respond,
> even if I restart lircd, or reboot the machine. I have to completely
> power down and restart the machine to get irw to respond *once* again.
> Given that this needs a coldboot to function once, I'm thinking that I
> might need to update the firmware on my pvr-350?

I'd try (as root) 'service lircd status' to make sure LIRC isn't
failing, and running 'irrecord' to see if you get any input from the
remote's other buttons via the Hauppauge card. As you're running FC3
you may need some udev rules to make sure LIRC devices are created at
started - what's the output of 'ls -la /dev/lirc*' when the system is
running?

Everything else looks OK AFAICT.

As for the correct lircd.conf to use, you should use the definition
called "Hauppauge_350" in the attached file. This is available from
LIRC.org in the remotes archive.

HTH,
Nick