[mythtv-users] Barebone myth tv nodes?

myth joe mythjoe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:35:20 UTC 2005

> > If anyone does't know about them, they might take a look at
> > logicsupply.com .  They have ide flash memory modules that plug directly
> > into an IDE connector starting at $51 dollars for a 256MB version.  Of
> > course if you don't know how to build a Linux system so it never mounts
> > a partition rw, other than during development, then I can't really
> > recommend it.  (Flash memory devices have a finite number of read write
> > cycles.)

wouldn't using the minimyth distribution solve the problem of properly
mounting a flash device?  I haven't tried it.

> There's also the microdrive line of CF cards that don't have that limitation.

note that the MIIs don't boot off their CF interfaces. you're on the
hook for an cf-ide adapter.

techbargains.com listed yesterday a 2.2 GB Magicstor CF drive at
computer geeks for $62::
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GS1022C-N&sourceid=qIa2Qwc-C0zDAkmzaTkd&cm_ven=CJ&cm_pla=0038384489&cm_ite=GS1022C-N