[mythtv-users] Re: upgrading mythtv system

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Aug 20 08:25:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 11:22:46PM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 22:12, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 02:21:15PM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > > I am getting ready to build a second system to be used as a slave
> > > backend/front end to the existing backend/front end system.
> > >
> > > As such I think it would be prudent to upgrade the existing system then
> > > introduce the new system using the same version of the code.
> >
> > Better setup the new system first, so in case anything goes wrong with
> > the old one, you will still have a myth box.
> >
> > > apt-get update
> > > apt-get upgrade mythtv-suite
> >
> > Replace the latter with apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Wouldn't that upgrade FC3 as well as all other packages on the system?
>
> I really only want to upgrade the mythtv portions if possible.

Proper operation of anything is not quaranteed in partially upgraded
systems, but if you want to, you can use apt-get install on all mythtv
related components, which are about a dozen in core w/o the
dependencies.

apt-get upgrade <something> is already partially upgrading your system
as "upgrade" takes no arguments ...
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net