[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup / FC4 / nvidia / qt

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 03:26:43 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Vince Busam <vince at busam.com> wrote:
> Mythtvsetup is behaving erratically.  It doesn't show some widgets, takes
> keyboard input on some and not others, seems to lose focus, etc.  I'm
> suspecting software incompatibility.
>
> Is anyone running successfully with this configuration?
>
> FC4: 2.5.11-1
> xorg: 6.8.2
> qt: 3.3.4
> nvidia: 7174 (built from Nvidia .run file)
> myth: 0.18.1 (from atrpms)
>
> Any suggestions regarding what I should try?
>
> Thanks,
> Vince
>
> BTW: I don't see any relevant error messages in dmesg, messages, or
> xorg.log.  I did notice that in xorg.log it claims that modules glx and
> nvidia are compiled for 4.0.2 and all others say 6.8.2.
>
> PS:  Everything was working fine until I did a clean install of FC4.  I was
> running FC1 & Myth 0.16.

I've not seen any reports of problems with FC4 and QT on the list, but
I'd make sure the NVidia drivers are installed correctly (the report
you mention above looks ominous, although it might be normal!) I note
that atrpms.net seems to have a slightly newer QT version 3.3.4.16.6
which I guess you could try. (On my RHEL4 laptop, I think I'm using
qt-3.3.3-9.3 without issue).

Nick