[mythtv-users] Long pause when launching mythfrontend

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 22:59:05 UTC 2005

  I just updated mythtv and plugins last night as well as ran a
deselect in debian to upgrade all the software versions to their
newest releases.  Now, when I launch the frontend it brings up the
background and sits without any buttons or messages for about 20
seconds.  The last line in the log is: "LCD: Cannot get recording
status - not connected to master server?"  Then after the 20 or so
seconds, it comes up normally.

  I thought that the latest LCD additions (recording status) were
causing a timeout when it attempts to connect to the server, so I
turned the LCD stuff off completely but the problem persisted showing
"Registering MythDVD VCD Media Handler as a media handler" as the last
line before pausing.  This happens every time I run the frontend.  Any
ideas?  It's horribly annoying.

Thanks,
-Greg