[mythtv-users] volume problem

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 19 09:06:49 UTC 2005

On 19-Aug-05, at 8:21 AM, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 04:21:18PM -0500, Ashu Desai wrote:
>> reason, when I playback, I have to turn up the volume a bit (almost
>> half way) to hear the dialogues, however if there is a background
>> music going on, then it becomes too loud. To give an example (and this
>
> What capture card?  Integrated audio capture or a separate audio input
> device?  What kind of audio output?  Playback on television or using
> monitor and speakers?

I've experienced similar problems and I thought it was me. I'm
recording on a pvr-350 using the integrated audio. Playback is on an
epia m10000 through the built-in unichrome video and whatever onboard
sound chip it has. Output device is an SD TV. Not all programs exhibit
the behaviour and I haven't noticed a pattern for which ones do since I
figured it was the inexorable march of time catching up with me.

- George