[mythtv-users] Host 'localhost.localdomain' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Aug 19 08:57:37 UTC 2005

On 19-Aug-05, at 2:46 PM, ~{UTQGN0~} wrote:

> Why 'localhost.localdomain'is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
> server  ,What should I do ?  Yes,I think I will set correctly.

Check the database setup section of the documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html specifically the three
access examples at the bottom of the page. Use either the no security
option, if that's safe for you, or use second example but give
localhost.localdomain after the @

If you're doing a first time install you should consider using
knoppmyth.

- George