[mythtv-users] no audio in dvdauthor step

Felix mythtv at ymhee-bcex.net
Fri Aug 19 06:13:52 UTC 2005

Carl Lewis wrote:

> Yep. Regularly demux local show containing DD2 and pcm soundtracks
> (and burn both to resulting DVD)
> Cheers
> Carl

Nick,

I wish I could answer, but I don't even understand the question :-[
(as it is painfully obvious, I am quite new to this multimedia stuff).
The resulting file that is created by mplex has sound - it can be played
in mplayer just fine. Does it have 1 audio track or two (and dvdauthor
finds the silent one) - I don't know, and I have no idea how to check.
But is sounds quite plausible - then my question becomes, how do I
instruct dvdauthor to use the correct audio track, and not the silent one?

Carl, demux (which as I understand, is done by ProjectX, right?)
produces two files - 1 video (*.m2v) and 1 audio (*.mpa). Are you saying
that it should produce second audio file (*.mp2 maybe)?

Do I understand your question correctly? Does my question make sense?

Thanks
Felix