[mythtv-users] Audio trouble with MythMusic

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 04:16:31 UTC 2005

Dave <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info Mike.  I looked over the DigitalSoundHowTo which
> walked through setting up a  .asoundrc.
> However, I ended up finding (what seems to be) an easier way:  I just
> set Output Device to ALSA:plug:iec958 in the Music settings and dig
> out is working now.

You might want to set up the rate conversion anyhow. I found that my
soundcard only outputs to SPDIF if the sample is in certain formats
(16bit 44.1KHz, 48KHz). I believe this is pretty common. It means that
without the rate conversion any music or video file you play which has
audio at a different rate or sample size will not play sound (at least
not through SPDIF).

Steve