[mythtv-users] Rerecording to overwrite?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 19 01:58:20 UTC 2005

Bryan Ware wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Reith" <reith at racores.com>
>
>> Is it possible to set up MythTV to re-record previously recorded
>> shows that
>> still exist in the database? I have 2 months worth of shows recorded at
>> 480x480 that I would like to re-record at 720x480 but i don't want to
>> delete the 480x480 shows prior to them coming back on in case I want to
>> re-watch them.
>
> I know you can do it from the web by going in to the scheduled recordings
> page  and clicking on the forget old button.
> Not sure how to do it at the TV.

Even if you "forget old" (which you can also do from "Manage
Recordings|Previously Recorded"--or something to that effect) in the
frontend, it will not record an episode that exists in your current
recordings if the recording rule specifies "Current Recordings" or "All
Recordings" for "Check for Duplicates In," so you'd have to change the
rule to use "Previous Recordings," too.  That way after you delete the
episode from "Previous Recordings" (i.e. "forget old"), it won't be
found, so will be re-recorded.  Then, just make sure you delete the
480x480 one when you get the 720x480 one...  ;)

Mike