[mythtv-users] OT: Alarm Clock?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Thu Aug 18 19:43:03 UTC 2005

Chris Lynch wrote:
> After reading your message and looking into that I found this xmms
> plugin called xmms-alarm.  It's got good enough features to serve the
> use I need:
>
> http://www.snika.uklinux.net/index.php?show=xmms-alarm

oh yeah, that reminds me, my end solution was to run a script that set
the volume (w/ amix or something like that) before running xmms ... that
and cron gave me all the flexibility i needed ... worked really well,
'cause i'd setup my HTPC as an alarmclock on days when i had an early
meeting or something and crank my surround sound system loud enough to
nearly vibrate me out of bed! :P (good thing i didn't have any neighbors
in my old house!)

-g-