[mythtv-users] Mythstream parsers

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Aug 18 12:53:17 UTC 2005

>> Does anyone have a good parser for BBC 'net broadcasts? The default one
>> sort of works but the name tags have the url in them and hence run off
>> the
>> end of the screen so its impossible to see what it is you're selecting
>> after the radio front page has been harvested.
>>
>> As well as the parser, a good starting URL would help as well!!
>
> I've got one for ABC Australia! OK, probably not much help, I know.
>
> Which parser are you using when you say the default one - is it the
> default.pl file? Would you mind sharing your streams.res entries for
> these?

All contributions welcome!!

I've not played with streams.res - I just edit stuff into the setup
screen. I assume that ends up in the database rather than a flat file...

At least the shoutcast stuff I'm using (with shoutcast.pl) is getting good
results by searching on genre, ordering by the number of listeners and
listing 100 stations that I can scroll down. This is an example of a URL I
harvest for links:
http://www.shoutcast.com?s=blues&orderby=listeners&numresult=100

I've tried parsing the text-mode links on the BBC site but no luck so far
(assembler & C I can cope with but not perl!!)

--
Robin Gilks