[mythtv-users] Can I play a nuv file on a non-myth computer

Mark Seagrief lists at seagrief.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 10:47:20 UTC 2005

When I'm making DVD's from nuv files I use ProjectX
(http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/projectx-fullguide.htm, check the
Doom9 download page for the program, under Digital TV section - it's Java
based). It's a program for processing mpeg2 streams that does a brilliant
job with .nuv files.  It will take a mpeg2 PS/TS and output the individual
streams (video, audio, subtitles etc).  So I normally run it on the .nuv
files and it gives me .mpa and .m2v files which most dvd authoring programs
can handle.  If the program expects .mpg files you can just re-multiplex the
video and audio with something like mplex.

The other brilliant thing ProjectX does is sort out any timing issues
between the streams caused by corrupt blocks so you end up with video/audio
streams that are perfectly in sync and the correct length.

Mark