[mythtv-users] Tuner for WinTV-Go Card?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:54:30 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, Scott Minneman <sminneman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/17/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > nano /etc/modprobe.conf
> > >
> > > alias eth0 forcedeth
> > > alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> > > options snd-card-0 index=0
> > > install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
> > > /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/d$
> > > remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
> > > /sbin/modprobe -r --ignor$
> > > alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
> > > options snd-card-1 index=1
> > > install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
> > > /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >$
> > > remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
> > > }; /sbin/modprobe -r --igno$
> > > alias char-major-81 bttv
> > > options bttv card=10 tuner=43 pll=0
> > > alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
> > > alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
> > > # nvidia kernel module
> > > alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-7667
> > > alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-7667
> >
> > Try the following (for both identical cards, substituting xx for the
> > tuner values again) to replace the bttv line you have at the moment.
> > Not sure if it will work though. I'd post the output of your lsmod and
> > lspci -v. Because it's a Hauppauge and 878 based it should all
> > autodetect.

> > alias char-major-81     videodev
> > alias char-major-81-0   bttv
> > alias char-major-81-1   bttv
> > options bttv            card=10,10 radio=0,0
> > options tuner           type=xx,xx
> >
> > install bttv { modprobe -k tuner; } ; /sbin/modprobe --first-time
> > --ignore-install bttv
> > you may get some more tips and tricks there.
> >
> > Nick
>
> Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but...
>
> I decided to test the wall jack that the box is hooked up to, and --
> you guessed it -- no signal.  So I hooked my Myth box up elsewhere,
> and with tuner 39, both cards work!
>
> Thanks Nick for all your help!

Sweet! I'm exactly the same, I never check the simpler things because
'what could be wrong with them?!' It happened before with a friend's
printer which suddenly refused to work. I got them to make sure it was
plugged in but it still refused to work, so I spent a while checking
the PC hardware and reinstalling drivers, but still nothing. Only then
did I notice the data cable only 90% in the port ... check the simple
things first!

Cheers,
Nick