[mythtv-users] Tuner for WinTV-Go Card?

Scott Minneman sminneman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:49:12 UTC 2005

Hey all, I'm (re)building my combined backend/frontend, which uses two
WinTV-Go cards.  I cannot for the life of me get the tuners to
function properly.  They do not autodetect (in FC3), so I have to use
modprobe.conf to set the card and tuner options.

On the tuners themselves is printed NTSC 44981 Rev E199.  In dmesg,
tveeprom reports "tuner=<unknown>".  Google searches have turned up
nothing useful, and the ftvco script (find_tvcardoptions.sh) also
failed to discover a working configuration.

The most frustrating thing about it is that these same tuners have
worked for me before, until the system crashed.  Unfortunately, I was
backup-less (will never make that mistake again), so I can't go back
and look at the settings that worked then.

Is anyone using this card, or have any suggestions for how to figure
out the proper settings?

TIA,
-Scott

--