[mythtv-users] Finally fix for wrong language on ripped dvds

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 03:16:13 UTC 2005

After working on it off and on I have all my dvd's, except one, with the
correct audio. The problem was that no matter what I did in the myth
configuration some dvd's would play the wrong audio. To fix this I just had
to add the following line to /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf file:

aid=128

For some reason it would not read the line correctly in Myth but it works
fine if you put it in mplayers config file. The only problem I have left is
that one movie out of 13 is using 1 instead of 128. I read somewhere that
you can specify a config file per movie while reading about subtitles. Does
anyone have any details on this. I thought for the rare movie that 128
doesn't work on I can throw a quick config file for that movie and specify
the correct aid. Thanks for everyone's help especially Ryan.

Allan Wilson