[mythtv-users] Re: Record this timeslot every week - dumb question

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Aug 17 01:22:29 UTC 2005

David Bennett wrote:
> I would like to record a program that airs weekly. However, in the
> guidelisting (xml) the name of the program changes to each week to
> reflect the topic for that show. I am looking for a Record this
> timeslot every week, but seem to be limited to "Record this program in
> this timeslot every week" which leaves me with no choice but to do a
> manual recording every week.

I had the same problem with the "HD to the MAX" series on CBS, which
airs on Sundays at 0:05 (at least here...) but the title always changes.

I had to resort to custom recording rule using something like this:

program.chanid = 2006 AND program.hdtv > 0 AND
dayofweek(program.starttime) = 1 AND hour(program.starttime) = 0

Haven't missed one since :-)

Bolek