[mythtv-users] convert nuv to vob

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Aug 16 18:51:08 UTC 2005

 	The point is that there are very few (i.e. one, to be precise)
tools under linux that appear to do lossless mpeg2 processing that do not
break under certain ivtv streams.  Command-line or otherwise, most are
broken WRT A/V sync when there's a glitch in the ivtv stream.  ProjectX
(Java-base GUI, allegedly with CLI capabilities as well) seems to be the
*ONLY* one that works correctly.

 	Most of the scripts/apps/frontends that people have written use
some combination of demuxing/remuxing that works most of the time for most
things.  It does not work all the time for all people.

-Cory