[mythtv-users] Pentium M and HDTV

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Tue Aug 16 14:28:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 07:50:37AM -0400, Scott wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2005, at 6:06 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> >i have a combined FE/BE which is an aopen i915GMm-HFS in a
> >SilverStone 10M
> >have no access to HD so cannot tell you anything about its
> >capabilities there
>
> You can download a test clip from the pchdtv.com web site. Look in
> the downloads section to see it.

True, but mplayer plays all clips with less CPU usage than myth.  Add
20-30% more to the CPU usage, then if you want to use time stretching,
add another 20-30%.  My test box that's ~70% cpu usage on 1080i can't do
more than 1.2-1.3x time stretching while de-interlacing -- While not too
big of a deal now since simpsons isn't 1080i, in the future you may kick
yourself if you skimp on CPU.  But then the simpsons is the only show I
can follow at a full 2x speed.

--Brandon