[mythtv-users] real format of .nuv from DVB-T card (mpeg2 with no header?)

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 16 11:15:59 UTC 2005

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> I am already using PS.  DVDstyler still does not like it.
>> Noone seems to be able to say what the difference is between the
>> PS/MPEG2 stream coming from the DVB-T card and being stored by mythtv
>> in the *.nuv file, and a 'real' MPEG2 file fit for DVD authoring,
>> really is.
>

> http://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech

I think you misunderstood.  I know what is required for DVD.  I was
asking the difference between that, and what comes out of the DVB card
as a program stream (which is what is in the nuv file myth creates).
People keep saying the PS is mpeg 2, and I know it is 720x576 etc
(haven't checked bitrates yet).  So what is it missing (and if it's the
header that DVDstyler says is missing, how do you put the header on)?