[mythtv-users] real format of .nuv from DVB-T card (mpeg2 with noheader?)

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 16 10:51:45 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Baumeister" <jens.baumeister at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] real format of .nuv from DVB-T card (mpeg2 with noheader?)

On 8/15/05, Ian Ward <support at cyberpro.com.au> wrote:

> Hey there.  my setup - Mythtv 18.1 with DVB-T cards in Sydney.
> I recorded some shows for a friend, then said I would put the shows on DVD.
> Boy, do I regret that.
> I cannot believe how @#$ hard this is ( especially using bloody Windows )

>Easiest Linux-only way I know off:

>1. Use ProjectX (http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x ) to demux
>the DVB stream / cut out commercials I do this via X11, but I've seen
>a CLI-way to use it somewhere in the archives.

>2. Use mplex to bring the streams back together:
>mplex -f 8 -o xyz.mpg xyz.m2v xyz.mp2

>3. copy the resulting mpg into a DVD file system with dvdauthor:
>dvdauthor -o DVD xyz.mpg

>4. Repeat 1-3 until you have all the stuff you want on the DVD

>5. Finalize the DVD file system:
>dvdauthor -T -o DVD

>6. Put a blankDVD in your DVD writer and burn the stuff:
>growisofs -Z /dev/WHATEVER-YOUR-DVD-WRITER-IS -dvd-video DVD

>On my underpowered PIII 600, the whole process takes about 45 Minutes
>for an average movie.

>Jens

Have you tried the mythburn scripts. They follow more or less
exactly the same process you outlined above automatically.
You end up with a DVD with menus and all.

Thanks to Martin Bene installation is now very easy as long as you have
all the dependencies and works OK with both TS and PS recordings.

Currently you need to use MythWeb to select recordings and options but
a native mythplugin is on its way.

url for scripts and how to install available here (very last message):

Martin is currently asking for idea's on how to improve the scripts over
on the Dev list. So now is the time to get your wish list in :-)

Paul