[mythtv-users] audio static

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:26:58 UTC 2005

On 16/08/05, matt lutz <myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com> wrote:
> What capture card are you using?  Is it the M179 by any chance?

I'm using Videomate Gold+. And the problem is that's an intermittent
problem. Usually everything works fine, but for example yesterday i
was recording (and watching with about 1h delay) a show and after
about 1h into the recording sound started to deteriorate quickly,
after another 3 minutes I could hear only distorted sound from a very
deep well. St oping, pausing, rewinding - didn't help. I couldn't
check the recording on any other box.
When it happens whilst playing live tv - turning off live tv and back
on - always solves the problem (except I loose the buffer).

It's not a PAL standard problem (I use PAL-BG) because neither tvtime
nor xawtv have any problems after changing channels.

regards
pshemko