[mythtv-users] Gee, I THOUGHT I was a linux fan.

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Aug 15 20:19:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:17:31 -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

>Richard Bronosky wrote:
>..... I failed big time.  I chose KnoppMyth for it's
>>illusion of simplicity, but was made to feel like a complete idiot.

>I don't think KnoppMyth is easy to use by any means either. It took me
>literally a week to get
>my setup off the ground, and my wife and son were out of town all week,
>so that's like, 3 weeks
>under normal circumstances?

I found KnoppMyth totally unusable. On the first install I ended up with a
1600x1200 resolution in the console and I never could get rid of that.

So now I'm bouncing down other by-ways. I still don't have the system
finished but at least I have a working Linux system which I can actually
use and understand. The Myth portion of KnoppMyth was there, and appeared
to be available/working/usable... but since I had no networking, no sound
and no way to get them working, it was all irrelevant.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638