[mythtv-users] Tennis

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:00:35 UTC 2005

On 8/15/05, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2005 03:10:54 -0700, Jim Reith <reith at racores.com> wrote:
> > >Each recording schedule you create you can specify that it records an
> > >extra X minutes.  Also, you can say that for any and every recording
> > >schedule you create you can record extra time.
> > >
> > >You just need to look in the setup and the recording screens.
> > >
> > >Whytey
> >
> > I've been doing that so I end up getting 4-5 hour recordings where
> > the game ends up being only 3.5 hours long. Is there a simple way
> > once they are recorded to prune off the end, after the event is done?
>
> only by adding a cut list and then transcoding but that generally
> makes the video a different format such as MPEG4.
>
> Whytey

Not necessarily, if you simply want to not see it just create a cut
point at the end of the match.  The player will then skip anything
after the cut point, but you won't save any space that way.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.