[mythtv-users] Problem with backend server ip to setup remote frontend

Nicolas Mainil nicolas.mainil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:56:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

My setup consists of one frontend+backend box, but I would like to
occasionnally watch recordings or live tv on my laptop. The problem
I'm facing is : when I set the backend adress to 127.0.0.1 the laptop
won't connect but when I set the backend adress to the "real" ip
adress everything works but my gateway needs to be powered on even if
I only use the frontend+backend box. Is there a way for the frontend
to fallback to 127.0.0.1 if the "real" ip doesn't work or to sepcify
multiple IPs to try for the backend. I also don't understand why this
adress is a global setting cause 'netstat -a | grep tcp' reports that
the backend is not listening on a particular adress ( *:* ) so it's
only a frontend setting and it could be configured the same way you
have to configure the mysql server settings the first time
mythfrontend is launched.

Nicolas