[mythtv-users] Absolutely OT, but I want to hear what you guys think

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Aug 14 01:41:17 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 11:31:07AM -0400, Matt Hannan wrote:
> As I want a laptop, my choices are pretty much P-IV-M or Athlon64.

Since you plan on running MythTV you may be willing to go with a
desknote instead of a laptop -- it's the same thing without the
batteries and (usually) with a pass-through air duct containing a
radiator for the CPU instead of the usual cooling fins.  Those babies
don't need to conserve battery charge and can dissipate lots of heat so
BIOS support for a desktop-market CPU is quite common.  Asus was selling
a P4-2.8/800FSB model for a while.  I don't know if it's still on the
market or not.