[mythtv-users] audio static

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:24:58 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, Paul McKellar <socialmoth.blog at gmail.com> wrote:
> my recorded shows have audio static no matter what i do.
>
> i;m using emu10k /soundblaster and i've tried recording on mic and
> line in.  i've tried all sorts of settings to avoid clipping on my
> alsamixer settings.  i'm getting static on the speaker out so i know
> it is either in the capture or the playback.  by unmuting the line in
> playback, i can hear the tv and it doesn't have any static.  so i'm
> assuming something in the capture settings.  or maybe just my
> soundcard module is badly initialized?

Have you been able to listen to the recorded audio on another machine
to confirm the recorded file is causing the problem? I'd also post
your capture settings (inc card and driver versions) in case anyone
with similar configs can help out. Making sure the recording rates
match for both input and output match may help, as may trying both an
analog out and a SPDIF out if your have appropriate equipment as this
will perhaps narrow down the problem to the analog output and whether
it's in the file itself.

Nick