[mythtv-users] Absolutely OT, but I want to hear what you guys think

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Sat Aug 13 19:04:22 UTC 2005

Matt Hannan wrote:

> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>>> I am completely facsinated by the idea of running that developer's
>>> version of Mac OSX on an x86 platform, but it requires a CPU with SSE2.
>>> I am having a hard time finding info on what CPU (some P-IV's and some
>>> Athlon64's, but no specifics) has this SSE3.
>>

>> Seriously, talking about pirated/hacked software on an open-source
>> software mailing list is NOT cool....
>>
>> -Chris
>
> Thanks to you two for the replies, but if this is a developer's
> release, it is neither pirated or hacked.

Yet the site you linked to in your first posts doesnt mention using the
developers release osx on x86, it advocates dloading it from a torrent
source. As well, if your using the legit devs release, Im sure they also
provide hardware for you to run it on, if not explicitly forbidding you
from running it on hardware other than what they supply. Hmmmkay?

Tom