[mythtv-users] mythvideo: can see the myth theme when playing a video 16:9

Pascal Favre Pascal.Favre at gmx.net
Sat Aug 13 09:55:58 UTC 2005

Hello

In Mythvideo when I play 16:9 DVD-VOBs with the following command:
mplayer -vo x11 -alang de -cache 8192 -ao sdl -really-quiet -fs -zoom "$1"
I see the myth theme at the top and bottom of the screen.

Pressing Zoom to 4:3 and back again does not always work:
- The video-image is now displayed at the top and bottom
- sometimes it does not return to 16:9 anymore

Starting mplayer from a script and calling 'xsetroot -bg black' didn't work.

Also when editing mythvideo\videdlg.cpp to
   # code from mythgallery where an option "SlideshowBackground" exists

    setPalette(QPalette(QColor("black")));
before playing the video didn't work.

I am using a PVR-350 TV-OUT and fb, MPlayer 1.0pre7.
Are other people experience the same problem ?
Does a workaround exist ?

Thanks
Pascal