[mythtv-users] Using DVI Output

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 13 01:03:52 UTC 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 14:19, Marius Schrecker wrote:
> Ooops! Tell me in plain Ingalaish if I should avoid a 64 bit os for MythTV,
> I'm busy setting up 64 bit Debian, but will abort if everyone agrees that
> 32 bit is still the way to go. There is a 32 bit emulation that seems to
> work for some things, but if stuff like win32 codecs are going to break
> then I guess 64 bit still hasn't hit primetime.

Well, there may be a way around it by compiling mplayer/xine as 32 bit apps.
I've something similar for flash on 64bit. Basically, firefox has to be
compiled as 32 bit. I have no idea if this will work, but frankly it's far
too much like hard work for my tastes.

The nVidia drivers might be a version thing. I'm using the 7667 set, and I've
heard somewhere that they don't work, but that might have been a 32/64 bit
issue too.
--
Steve Boddy