[mythtv-users] DVB-s card not recognized

Lee mythtv at varga.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 19:54:46 UTC 2005

>> I've been trying to get my card to work for the last several days
>> without much
>> luck (been scouring the forums).
>>
>> - "Auto Install" of KnoppMyth R5A16 (2.6 kernel) on an Athlon box with a
>> Hauppauge Nexus-s (v2.3) DVB-s card - Installation went fine, except
>> that the DVB-s card is NOT recognized

Can't comment on DVB-S card, but I just installed a DVB-T card on
KnoppMyth and during the install (when it says 'no cards found') I had to -
ctrl+alt+F1
login as root
type in "modprobe dvb-bt8xx" without the quotes, yours may be different...
type in "echo dvb-bt8xx >> /etc/modules" to add it to the modules list...
then ctrl+alt+F7 to get back to the setup window
Where flicking through the types of cards  again, it showed up... :)

The drivers are all there but can't all be installed by default, so a
bit of fine tuning is called for...
Lee