[mythtv-users] remove plugins

James Fryman jfryman.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:33:01 UTC 2005

Hey all.

There is a much easier and friendlier way to make changes to themes
without delving into the actual theme files.

If you look in your mythtv share directory (mine is located in
/usr/local/share/mythtv, yours may be different depending on your build
options), you'll see a file called mainmenu.xml.

Copy this file to your ~/.mythtv directory, and edit away. I was able to
remove MythPhone from my lineup, and regardless of what theme I use,
this file is parsed first before the theme file... so it's no longer there.

Hope this might help you a bit. Good luck!

-James

James D. Fryman
A+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
E-Mail:  jfryman.lists at gmail.com