[mythtv-users] Cases for a PVR box... recommendations.

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Fri Aug 12 19:21:17 UTC 2005

At 02:13 PM 8/12/2005, you wrote:
>My wife had the same complaint about the LED.  I just unplugged the
>HDD connector, and poof no more problems.  I am referring to the
>CAV-T04 which is only $50 (w/300 watt psu) plus shipping here:
>http://www.svc.com/coolermaster-htpc.html
>
>I have no affiliation with them, just purchased this one product from
>them and it was shipped promptly via UPS.

This is the one i got in all black

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=search&item=11-119-071

Put a piece of red plastic over the two leds and now I get a subtle
lavender glow from them

I found that setting my three HDDs to spin down after 5 minutes gave me a
10 degree drop in temps according to mbmon. That made the fans slow down
and made the ambient noise much less. I've also just bought replacement IDE
cables that are round so i won't have as many obstructions to case airflow