[mythtv-users] Cases for a PVR box... recommendations.

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Aug 12 17:53:29 UTC 2005

>>> david at ellisonline.ca 08/12/05 1:37 PM >>>
> Nah - I actually have two of the LC14 (one "M" and one
> "vanilla").
>
> The LC14M has two standard 5 1/4" drive bays that are
> stealthed behind a fluid bearing cover.

Huh.  I have an "M", but I don't have a cover.  It looks like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163048

<snip>

> For MythTV the LC14 is my case of choice - looks like a receiver -
> black and easy to work with.

Although it has been sitting in the box for about 2 weeks, I plan on
making
this into a silent (no drives) combined FE/BE with a couple tuners.

Two caveats:  I hate "all silver" cases (aka pundit).  I love ATX cases

with full height card capability.

I also have two of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163004

I lucked into them at a scratch and dent sale.  Neither of which are
scratched
or dented, just open boxes that I picked up for roughly 75% off retail.
think they are SilverStone's original attempt at a HTPC case.  I would
not
recommend them if you want a VFD.  Then you need to have the top bezel

lowered all the time which makes this unit look like computer rather
than
a mythical mystery box.

Paul