[mythtv-users] How to stop mythfilldatabase from adding channels

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:07:12 UTC 2005

Is there a way to stop mythfilldatabase from automatically adding
channels to the database? For instance, where I have guide data from
some undefined xmltv id which does not exist in my db, it will add
that channel to the database, despite the fact that I have the channel
defined under another id (which it populates correctly).

Worse still is it seems to ommit to actually put in any actual tuning
data (fair enough, I don't know where it could get it from), so when
it goes to record on this channel (I have generally used the 'record
any showing of this program on any channel' because foolishly I did
not anticipate rogue channels popping up) it usually ends up recording
something random. And of course for some reason these channels take
precedent over my properly defined channels so my last few days of
recordings has sadly been for naught.

And while I'm at it what's with the automated channel adding
enthusiasm? This is the second time automated channel adding has
caused me general disruption and bafflement :) (the first being the
dvb channel autoscanning).