[mythtv-users] Can't get dvb-bt8xx to load front end at boot

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Aug 12 04:58:31 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:36:07PM +1000, David Maher wrote:
> I have been trying for ages to get my FC4 system to load my dvb drivers properly at boot time. I have two twinhan vp3020c cards installed.
> The system recognises the cards with no problems and loads the bttv modules:

[..]
> What should happen next is that it loads the frontend drivers, however it doesn't.
> I can manually load the frontends by running modprobe dvb-bt8xx as root:

Some distributions provide a way to list modules you want to load
during boot that wouldn't automatically be loaded by hotplug, etc.

On Debian that list is in /etc/modules or /etc/modules-2.6. In that
case you would simply put 'dvb-bt8xx' in that file and everything would
work.

I don't know if FC4 has such a feature, but it would be a lot simpler
than post-install tricks in modprobe.conf.

Hamish