[mythtv-users] Can not get SVIDEO to work with GF4MX 440

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 12 02:04:50 UTC 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Mark J. Small wrote:
>
>> On August 11, 2005 01:49 pm, Tom wrote:
>>
>>> Got a problem with my GF4MX card, i can not get SVIDEO to work with
>>> it.
>>
>> Try turning off GLX.  Comment out the "Load GLX" line in the modules
>> section. It worked for me on my debian system.  I never figured out
>> why, but its worth a shot.
>
> it used to be that the nvidia instructions dictated to comment out
> GLX. I assume that is still the case.

GLX != GLCore

Disabling GLX breaks the NVIDIA driver (you won't get the performance
you should).

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7676/README.txt
-----
If you have a working X config file for a different driver (such as the "nv"
or "vesa" driver), then simply edit the file as follows.

Remove the line:

Driver "nv"
(or Driver "vesa")
(or Driver "fbdev")

and replace it with the line:

Driver "nvidia"

Remove the following lines:

Load "dri"
Load "GLCore"

In the "Module" section of the file, add the line (if it does not already
exist):

Load "glx"
-----

If you have to disable GLX, you've probably got an X Windows library
configuration problem.  See "X starts for me, but OpenGL applications
terminate immediately" in the README linked above.  If that's not the
problem, make sure you don't have the Composite extension enabled.

Mike