[mythtv-users] iMon and a working version of lircrc

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Aug 11 13:57:51 UTC 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 12:49, David Collett wrote:
> hmmm.
> I tried this driver a very long time ago and it was quite buggy. What
> is the driver like now? Do you find it reliable?
> I am currently using an external usb ir receiver from a dvb card. I
> have another job for that now, and would love to finally use the imon
> receiver in my case!
>
> Dave

the pad is a little lit sensitive (generates to many key presses for a
"button", but the lircrc file compensates. the hacked version is based on
code posted in the forum. as for reliability: it has never crashed or failed
to work. apart from the aforementioned issue with repeats it is perfect.
works from about `5 feet away (across my sittingroom) and about 20 degrees
off-axis.
--
simon