[mythtv-users] Using DVI Output

Sonni Nørløv mythtv-users at sluge.dk
Thu Aug 11 09:17:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I started out with a Albatron GR-AL-5200-2 Geforce FX5200 128 MB, using
only tv-out, and it worked fine on the tv. I then bough a projector and
wanted to use the DVI output, but for some reason it was acting like
there was no digital output on the port, only vga. It was although able
to identify the projector or another DVI enabled monitor. But no video.

I then bought a MSI FX5200-TD128, FX5200, and everything worked like a
charm. Both with TV out and DVI at the same time, and different resolutions.

When I was looking for a FX5200 card it came to my attention that not
all cards where able to do  both TV out and DVI at the same time or with
different resolutions, because share the ramdac between the DVI/TV out,
where other do D-sub/TV out.
Unfortunately I dont recall which cards I filtered out because of this
(not many).

regards

Sonni
<http://www.shg.dk/htmlfiles/infobox.asp?varenr=340771>