[mythtv-users] knoppmyth, pvr 350, oss, intel-8x0 sound, and volume doesn't work

Jesse D. Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Aug 10 06:06:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

This is one of the last remaining issues with my system.
When I'm watching a recording or livetv, I can change
the volume, but the volume doesn't actually change. I
can even change the volume via aumix, but it's all the
same. Unless I change the Line volume (currently my
Record channel), LiveTV's volume remains the same. Very
odd.

How do I fix this? Should I switch to alsa?
Here are the modules I have loaded:

# lsmod | grep snd
snd_pcm_oss            48032  1
snd_mixer_oss          18048  2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_intel8x0           29248  2
snd_ac97_codec         68984  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm                79364  3 snd_pcm_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              22532  1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          9348  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
snd                    47460  6
snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               9312  3 snd

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani